If you’re offering a SaaS (Software as a Service) and are struggling with marketing there are some good tips to promote it and start making money through it:
1. It is recommended to provide a free account to attract the people who sign up. After they have tried the service and found a liking, they are more apt be able to upgrade to paid models.
2. It is recommended to have at least 2 levels of upgrades. It is not common for people to upgrade to the highest stage, mean time to restore and experts in psychology suggest that starting at a level lower than the level of the top’ is the most popular choice.
3. Find out a vacant spot in your area of expertise and determine that. Is your product the easiest, fastest, safest? You have to find out what makes your service unique – the differentiation. Disput about it.
4. Maintain your blog and publish regular blog posts. Here are some ideas if you cannot understand what you should write about: what made you decide to initiate the service, which are the best users (not names, just the type or segment), how many users have signed up What tools have you have used during development, and why, why are you in beta? Or why did you get from beta? Which websites or publications have spoken about the service (thank you to these publications or blogs)? Write about your team’s expertise on this subject – are you a CPA/CA? There are many topics to discuss.
5. The blog’s URL is accessible from their account’s home page. This is vital to maintain a consistent conversation with your existing customers without sending emails often.
6. Make a feedback page on each account’s homepage page, and ask users to give their feedback regarding their most favored or utilized features. Ask your users about their most-repeated pet peeves and then sort them out. You’ll be surprised see the outcomes. What you’ve been heavily promoting may have not been the top factor for them.
7. Do some work on the SEO basics of your site. Your site must be found before they can sign-up.
8. You can run a few low cost promotions. Advertise in magazines for industry. You can also place ads on industry blogs.
9. Create highly targeted ad campaigns for AdWords and Facebook. This is going to cost you money but will bring in a few quick sign-ups. It can also help you identify a good marketing pitch If you do A/B split tests of the web site copy.
10. No marketing is free. Even SEO. It’s basically trading time and money.
11. You must heavily market even free services. The days of “Build it and they will come”.
12. Find some influential evangelists who are willing to discuss your software on their blog, site or on forums.
13. Run an affiliate program. Affiliates are a great way to advertise your product and are required to be paid only after the sale is made. Give them plenty of advertising materials.
14. Create presentations to various chamber of commerce and Internet users club (NeN, TiE, Nasscom chapters) on the benefits offered by your services. Be sure to keep the pitch as brief as possible and only provide a brief blurb at the end.
This can help you begin and get a head start in promoting Your SaaS. Best wishes